We know written language, and this has certainly been a conquest for humanity which made it possible to realize abstract thiking. We are also knowing the age of visual thinking, and this is creating the next mindset revolution in humanity. Yet, we still have not known the power of “intelligent thinking” through sound.
The written word communicates concepts, and reflects on reality, ordering it into a logical sequence of thought.
Image communicates direct essence through perception, it evokes the dimensions and the subtleties of reality, and it can be crude and powerful: when I see the image of a wood, I feel its color green, the coolness, the smell of lichens, the songs of birds and the sounds of Nature. It took me quite a few words to communicate that which one single image can evoke.
Then, what is sound? Is it the ultimate root of a word, something onomatopoeic which arises from the experience to describe it? Is it a catching of feelings to express them or manipulate them? Is it the image of a reality which cannot be expressed otherwise?
I think sound is solid reality. Then, the reality of which I speak is a mosaic of elements.
I am a mosaic of elements, words, images and sounds. But I am not that which represents me or that trough which I portray myself. Though, all this expresses me, and it communicates that which can be known about me. The sensory dimension of my person communicates as well.
So here is the art of Mosaic: the right image is an art with which I can construct a world, while I express in some way my life’s experience, and my imaginary world as well, together with one’s tendency to have a desire to express will and being.
- Blow Up (personaltrailer.wordpress.com)
- Come leggere un racconto – Lezione Undici (marcofreccero.wordpress.com)
- Libri, libri non finiti, libri illeggibili (bolivi68.wordpress.com)
- Welcome to the Hyper Natural World – A talk with Massimo Scognamiglio, artist and visionary (meedabyte.wordpress.com)
- Moot e 4Chan: alle fonti del Meme (gilda35.com)
- Le ragioni per cui (ginen.wordpress.com)
- Mosaic From Augusta Traiana (rogueclassicism.com)